Friday, July 17, 2009

Mama Kelley Always Said....

....not to speak ill of the dead. But she also told me to be nice, and you know you're glad I didn't take that advice!

So Cronkite is dead. Just in time for the weekend. Great, the whole weekend wasted on lionizing "Uncle Walter".

Ugh. I am pre-emptively peeved. They haven't really gotten rolling yet, but I know I will suffer listening to all the crap about "The most trusted man in America"

My Dad was a "Huntley-Brinkley Report" man.

I know I can't write anything coherent about him myself. It would just look like this "#^%^%# FFFF @#$% F Asshat %^^$^ Clown".

So I will instead refer you to this December 18, 2006 post from the fabulous Neo-Neocon.

Tet, Cronkite, opinion journalism, and a changing press: Part I ("to tell a conflicted people a higher truth")

And this one from December 21, 2006

Tet, Cronkite, opinion journalism, and a changing press: Part II (changing the course of history)

No comments: