Friday, December 19, 2008

Over and Over

I repeat to myself......I love living in Boston..........I love living in Boston.........I love living in Boston.

LOL

I finally decided to leave work at 2015.......ok, my boss decided I'd be leaving then. She went out to clear off her car and leave and then called my cell from the parking lot. "Your car is running and cleared off. Leave now!" What choice did I have?

So out I went. The company that manages the property has a good snow removal crew, that walk to the car was easy enough. My boss had my car cleared off. Just get in and drive, right?

Wrong. There was just enough snow to hang the car up. I had to go back in work and find the shovel in the warehouse and dig out my tires. After that, a careful 17 mph in 3rd and I was home in no time!

Oh well. It really is a small price to pay to live in Boston.

Cary Grant is on the TV as background noise while I get ready for bed. Some Nyquil and I will be unconscious soon.

I almost tripped over the Christmas decorations when I came into the house. Frankie picked up the tree and brought all the stuff down from the attic. I haven't called to thank him yet because we had a fight last night and I haven't gotten over it quite yet.

5 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

If I'm repeating this joke, I apologize, but it's true. When you live in Maine, you have to go to Boston to warm up in the winter.

Boston is wonderful: I'd doubt the sanity of anyone who didn't think so. You can walk down any street in central Boston and feel the history. The city is much like San Francisco.

I couldn't move: I get homesick every time I leave Southern California. LOL, "I Love L.A."

BostonMaggie said...

My favorite Maine-snow joke is when the guy with the strong downeast accent says that the weather in Maine is "Nine months of snow and three months of damn poor sledding!"

Stella by Starlight said...

LMAO! A long joke, but I had to send this to you.
***
Maine Temperature Conversion Chart

60 above zero
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat
People in Maine plant gardens.

50 above zero
Californians shiver uncontrollably (true)
People in Maine sunbathe.

40 above
Italian cars won't start
People in Maine drive with the windows down.

32 above
Distilled water freezes
Moosehead Lake's water gets thicker

20 above
Floridians wear coats, gloves and woolly hats
People in Maine throw on a sweatshirt.

15 above
New York landlords finally turn up the heat
People in Maine have the last cook-out before it gets cold.

zero degrees
People in Miami cease to exist
Mainers lick the flagpole.

-20 below
Californians fly away to Mexico
People in Maine get out their winter coats.

-40 below
Hollywood disintergrates
The girl scouts in Maine begin selling cookies door to door.

-60 below
Polar bears begin to evacuate Antarctica
Maine's Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

-80 below
Mt. St. Helen's freezes
People in Maine to ice skating or skiing.

-100 below
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
Maine-iacs get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-297 below
Microbial life survives on dairy products
Cows in Maine complain of farmers with cold hands.

-460 below
ALL atomic motion stops
People in Maine start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

-500 below
Hell freezes over
The New England Patriots win the Super Bowl!
***
Wicked silly, ayuh?

Anonymous said...

I lived in Stow and worked downtown. The commute never seemed the same two days in a row, 21 miles that could and would take more than an hour and a half to complete - the big dig, the traffic and yes the weather all played a roll in the fixed memories I have of the Boston area.

I only remember one Maine joke - it describe how to practice safe sex using orange spray paint to mark the sheep that kicked...

Heard it on the Lauren and Wally show.. The show that made the morning commute somewhat enjoyable.

Stella by Starlight said...

An, an R-rated Maine joke. LOL, thanks Tom.