Saturday, December 27, 2008

...But I Understand

Have you ever caught Chris rock's little riff on OJ Simpson? He ends it with "I don't think he should have killed her......but I understand."

Phila. man shot because family talked during movie
A South Philadelphia man enraged because a father and son were talking during a Christmas showing of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took care of the situation when he pulled a .380-caliber gun and shot the father, police said.

Now I am not saying he should have shot the guy.....but I understand, lol.

My favorite part of the story......
After exchanging words, Vanore said Cialella allegedly got out of his seat to confront the family when the father got up to protect them. That's when the victim was shot once in the left arm, sending others in the theatre running to safety.
Cialella then sat down to watch the movie. Police arrived a short time later and arrested Cialella and confiscated his weapon, Vanore said
.

When the movie "Backdraft" came out I went with my ex and another couple, the Saturday of opening weekend. We were really looking forward to it. The other couple included one of my best troublemaking friends Kathy. The theater was literally packed, we were in the second row......John, Jerry, Kathy and I. There was one empty seat beside me and three in front of me. Three older women and woman in her twenties came in. I was 29? 30? Anyway, the younger woman sat beside me and talked all through the previews to the older women who took the seats in front of us. I was irritated. I like everything about the movies and love previews. But I held back. Then the movie began and the credits were rolling and the young women continued to make comments about each actor as their name came on the screen. I turned to the young woman and said "You will not be talking during the movie."

Kathy leaned over "Are we going to have a fight?"

My ex asked Jerry how we ended up sitting together.....he should know better.

The women in front of us snickered. I think they were tired of her chatter too.

Not a peep from anyone after that.

I'm not saying he shoulda shot that guy....but I understand.

1 comment:

Stella by Starlight said...

I'm with you 100% on this. I loathe people that talk during movies: especially on their cell phones? No, I'm not kidding. OK, can you tell me why they are at the movie? Unbelievably rude.

I'm usually mellow, but when it comes to people talking at concerts, I can be unpleasant. A friend of mine and I went to see CSN. These two nattering twits were sitting to the right of us, talking through the concert: the type of music where you sit and listen quietly. (Seeing AC/DC is another story.)

CSN started to play Guinnevere. They continued to talk.

I turned to them and said scathingly, "If you wanted to talk, why are you here? Some of us come to a concert to listen to the music. That's why it's called a concert. So, shut up before I get angry. Trust me. You don't want that to happen."

We enjoyed the rest of the concert in blissful silence.