Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Have Been Very Productive Today.......

****UPDATE*****03/25/2009 - This post (which is 2 years old) is getting a ton of hits from people clicking through the picture of a pile of money. What gives? How are you getting here? Email me or comment or something, I'm dying of curiosity******
......unlike Pia yesterday. LOL Seriously, it's ok, she deserves it.

I got up at 0630 and did some laundry and some packing in case the USN decides my presence is required in Newport.

That's right, my stray is back stateside! Then into work for a few. At 1000 I was getting a burn permit for the monstrous pile of willow debris in my yard. A pitstop for new rakes, gloves, Dunkin' (can't get jack outta Frank without a bribe) and on to yard work. My face is still burning hot. Nothing blazes up like old dry Christmas trees and willow branches. Then I had to drag my smelly self into work to cover the rest of the day. We're closed, thank heaven, because I SMELL!

So, as I was leaving and giving Frank and the rest of the posse final instructions on the yard, this conversation takes place.

FX: What's the deal? What's your plan for tonight?
Me: Work until five, then maybe Newport.
He lights up, instantly picturing my living room turned into a FIFA video game tournament, complete with snacks and pizza.

FX: Yes! I've got money! Do you need money? Bounce!LOL, bastid! I would have thrown something at him, but I can't raise my arms from all that raking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! You are too funny! I should have been rich instead of good lookin' because this not-working-but-getting-paid business rocks.
I sure hope you're in Newport right now!

BostonMaggie said...

******I should have been rich instead of good lookin' because this not-working-but-getting-paid business rocks**********

You and me both!

Newport got delayed, but I'll live.

Citizen Deux said...

USN, Newport, wtf - you a JAG?

- CD (go Navy!)

BostonMaggie said...

No - I am the preferred bedwarmer of my favorite naval consort. Pia got it. Your reading comprehension skills must be slipping!