Wednesday, March 21, 2007

300

Jen and I went to see "300" tonight with our brother Frankie.......as opposed to my son Frankie, or my cousin Frankie, or my nephew Frankie, lol.

We loved it!

Again, I strongly recommend IMAX, some movies are best viewed on IMAX and this is definitely one of them.

Lots of this movie is overblown and larger than life, but it's based on a comic book. It is not a secret plot to convince people that "W" is right about the war on terrorism (even though I think he is). As the Armorer suggests "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

If you want history, watch the History Channel......we do, but if you want entertainment, go see this movie.
Favorite lines.........
Stelios: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Queen Gorgo: "Only Spartan women give birth to real men."

Both were delivered in a very understated way and therefore the most effective.
***************
Now I have to go to bed and wake up tomorrow to Atkins. Tonight was the last of the birthday celebrations. I had chinese for lunch, one last piece of birthday cake, popcorn, M&Ms, Coke, and Ben&Jerry's. Tomorrow......meat.........meat..........meat.

4 comments:

elle said...

I couldn't wait for you to see this movie and now I feel better! Chris responded to my post (about the movie) and said basically the same thing you said. I love it. And I loved King Leonidas. woof!

BostonMaggie said...

My favorite was Stelios and his wise-ass mouth.

Reel Fanatic said...

I'm jealous that you got to see this in IMAX .. and you're right about the "critics" who tried to read way too much into this .. I just wanted to grab them by the necks and shout"IT'S JUST A FRIGGIN COMIC-BOOK MOVIE," albeit a fairly great one at that

Anthony said...

Don't forget the Book "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. An entertaining and accurate book of historical fiction.