Monday, April 09, 2007

Am I A Bully?

Elizabeth Edwards is a nitwit. Am I a bully to say that about cancer girl? Thanks for the laugh Lizzie!

Elizabeth Edwards afraid of neighbor

Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home -- and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way near his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

"I wouldn't be nice to him, anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who, when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval.

"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.
Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he's spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.
"I have to budget. I have to live within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Johnson, who has posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign on a fence just 100 feet from the entrance to the Edwards' driveway, has criticized Edwards for the scale of their nearby home.
The property and home, which includes an indoor basketball court, an indoor handball court and an indoor pool, is valued at $5.3 million.

The Edwardses are still putting the final touches on the property, which they purchased in 2003.

"I thought he was supposed to be for the poor people," Johnson said. "But does he ever socialize with any poor people? He doesn't speak to me."

Johnson said he has put his property on the market, in part blaming the high property taxes for his decision to leave. He also wants to move for another reason.

"I don't want to live somewhere where someone's always complaining about me," he said.

OK, where to start? Did I mention I think that Lizzie comes off like an idiot here? She bought a house in 2003 and she's beefing about a guy who isn't trying hard enough to keep-up-with-the-jones'? You bought the house Lizzie, not the neighbors. Next, she engages in name calling. Isn't that nice? And what makes him "rapid, rapid"? Is it chasing trespassers off of his property with a gun? Is it the Rudi sign? Is it the sole fact that he is a Republican? Am I a "rabid, rabid Republican"? As far as I can figure the guy never said boo to her, yet she says if she met him "she wouln't be nice". Ok. Good to know. This is the sort of behavior we look for in a First Lady./sarcasm
Can you imagine if Laura Bush spoke of someone who lived near the ranch in Texas, someone she had never met and randomly said "I wouldn't be nice" if she met him? LOL, no you can't. Because Laura isn't a nitwit. Of course, most rationale people wouldn't say such a thing.

Are we supposed to let this slide because she's got cancer? Can Lizzie spew whatever nonsense now that's she's poured her heart out to Katie on CBS?

This was just a silly post about a silly, meaningless woman. If you follow the link to the story, check out the pic. What was she thinking when she put on that outfit? Meow.

4 comments:

"Frankly Opinionated" said...

No lady, you are not a bully. That you raised that question shows that you are compassionate of those deserving of compassion in what ever way properly applies. In this case? My side of it- John Edwards asked people to e-send her condolences. His campaign, (that he is responsible for), used the list generated to send requests for donations. Who is showing compassion for the lady? I feel for her that she has cancer, something that I pray doesn't overtake me. But Rabid, rabid Republican? Whaaaaaaat?
nuf sed

Anonymous said...

And does the fact that she does have cancer give her a "free pass" for this kind of nonsense? Clearly someone thinks it does.

I'm sorry that she has cancer - it's a horrible disease. I'm also sorry that she is this clueless about a world outside of her own very lavish one.

my son is going to hell said...

You are not a bully, but its fun to call you one. you are a rabid rabid republican. yes, people with cancer get a free pass. so many poeple get a free pass nowadays that i think the cancer people should get one.

BostonMaggie said...

lol, you are a brat!