Monday, February 20, 2006

1SGT Keith is a pain in the ass

Another quiz....this is like high school.

1. Black and White or Color; how do you prefer your movies?

Doesn't matter as long as it's as the director envisioned it. I abhor "colorized" movies.

2. What is the one single subject that bores you to near-death?

Anything printed in People magazine. American Idol, Brittany, Jessica, etc.

3. MP3s, CDs, Tapes or Records: what is your favorite medium for prerecorded music?

Vinyl on my Curtis Mathes stereo on a hot summer day with windows open.

4. You are handed one first class trip plane ticket to anywhere in the world and ten million dollars cash. All of this is yours provided that you leave and not tell anyone where you are going ... ever. This includes family, friends, everyone. Would you take the money and ticket and run?

Are we saying leave and never come back? No, never. I am a Bostonian.
But if I get to leave and come back, then yes. I've kept bigger secrets.

5. Seriously, what do you consider the world's most pressing issue now?

Cartoons. Oh, seriously.......GWOT.

6. How would you rectify the world's most pressing issue?

Fight the terrorists in their backyard. Seal our borders, period. Flood the airwaves with facts Americans don't get in sound bites. No more Mr. Nice Guy! I'd have a department of the government devoted to monitoring the MSM and making them correct the crap they spew. We didn't fund Osama in Afgahanistan, we funded the mujihideen in the 80s and they became the Northern Alliance. The Taliban didn't even exist until the mid 90s. We are finding shit in Iraq that violated all UN sanctions and waiting would have just made them more dangerous. We are doing good things in Iraq and most of the country has an improved quality of life, thanks to us. The MSM is pounding people with spin, inaccuracies and outright lies. I would pound them right back. I would make every network and cable channel play coverage from 9/11 every day, I would tell Europe to fuck off. Remember the saying "Lead, follow or get out of the way"? Well, we're leading. I'd review every school districts cirriculum and make them add civics, world history and US history. Real history with facts and dates. And guess what, it's full of dead white guys, deal with it.

7. You are given the chance to go back and change one thing in your life; what would that be?

The day I graduated from high school I would have gone to Logan Airport and camped out until SouthieBoy found me.

8. You are given the chance to go back and change one event in world history, what would that be?

This is tough. I've seen enough episodes of the Twilight Zone to know that sometimes you just mess things up worse. Sentimental favorite, saving Bobby Kennedy. Hey I'm from Boston. Yeah, yeah, I know Southie, you want Jack. But seriously, I don't think history should be tampered with.

9. A night at the opera, or a night at the Grand Ole' Opry --Which do you choose?

Opera. (Please! Are you seriously thinking there would be a different answer out of me?) Pavarotti singing Puccini's Turandot.

10. What is the one great unsolved crime of all time you'd like to solve?


"Who pulled the trigger on JFK?" I am with the 1SG on this one.

11. One famous author can come to dinner with you. Who would that be, and what would you serve for the meal?

Dennis Lehane, I have never related to a book the way I did with "Mystic River". Also, "Shutter Island" was very moving.
Dinner? Well, one would trot out what they do best, right? Surprisingly, for an Irish girl the thing I make best is chicken parmagiana. I used to hang out in a bar/restaurant in Revere in my mispent youth. The owner of the restaurant part was worried that I would never find a suitable husband (translation, an Italian husband) if he didn't teach me how to cook his signature dish. So he taught me his secrets after the appropriate blood oathes were sworn.
If it wasn't a famous author, I would pick Glenna Finley. She wrote romance novels that I read when I was 16. They shaped my idea of love, romance, and relationships.
Same menu: baguettes from French Memories in Duxbury, caprese salad with balsamic vinigrette, chicken parmagiana with thin spaghetti, and fresh green beans. Dessert: cookie pizza.

12. You discover that John Lennon was right, that there is no hell below us, and above us there is only sky -- what's the first immoral thing you might do to celebrate this fact?

Well this is silly! John Lennon was an idiot. All that naked-in-bed crap with Yoko. People looking to him for deeper meaning. Finiding out there is no hell means there is no heaven, no purgatory, no point to my religion. I'd be too busy being devastated. That said, there is someone I wouldn't mind murdering. LOL

Also, did this question presume that most stuff I do already wasn't immoral? Insert evil laugh here.

Now, to tag others.
Well, the guy over at the NCO Club pulled the covers off of me this morning, so I'll return the favor.
And Jon the Mechanic has been a smart aleck lately.
The last person to do this to me was the Chief, so here you go baby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still dealing with that "eye before ee" issue, I see.

*duck and cover*

Ratz. Now I've gotta remember what a "movie" is...

BostonMaggie said...

It's the middle of the night!!!! Jeez!

Anonymous said...

Soooo, are you awake yet?

http://www.thedonovan.com/archives/005360.html

Anonymous said...

Middle of the night? Looks like that's proof-positive that, as a blatantly heterosexual male, I'm into what you're into: staring at a computer screen at oh-dark-thirty in the morning...

BostonMaggie said...

Yes I am awake. *Blatantly* heterosexual males are my favorite kind.