Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Being Tagged

Ok, this has never happened to me before. I am a lurker. I post comments on other people's blogs occassionally, but generally I fly under the radar. I've never participated in these online games, etc. So this will be boring and it will be a dead end. Have fun at Bill's other picks. Comment to the Chief - bastid! There I was sitting at my desk, eating my breakfast, fielding questions from my staff.........screwing around online (not punched in, I have a strong work ethic), when I saw my name in your post. I almost choked! I feel violated! LOL 4 Jobs You Have Had In Your Life 1. Cashier at the A&P - in high school. 2. Clerk typist for A.T.&T. - in the days when you called it "the phone company" and everyone knew what you meant because there was only Ma Bell. The nuns almost choked when they heard I was rated "advanced". I was a terrible typist and they admitted passing me simply because my aunt was a nun and their friend. They told me if I had to type for a living, I'd starve! 3. Waitress in a chinese restaraunt - I know cool words to describe your "naughty bits". I was a great waitress when there were just a few people, I paid lots of attention, said funny things, made you happy. I was a terrible waitress when there were a lot of people, I would get completely overwhelmed and couldn't turn my tables over fast enough. It was still a lot of fun. 4. Office Supervisor for a home medical equipment/oxygen company - this is the greatest job! I get paid to flirt with old men and make them more breathless than they already are! 4 Movies You Could Watch Over and Over 1. Rio Bravo 2. The Searchers 3. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir 4. Body Heat - I will comment no further on this choice. Don't ask. This is a terribly unfair question.........I can't pick just four. I am a huge cinephile. I llllooovvveee movies. Old movies, new movies. I love to go to movies alone because I am a fussy old lady and don't want people to talk to me, lol. And I will shush strangers in movies and I have literally had a fights in movie theaters but it was a long time ago. 4 Places I have Lived LOL - now we see just how narrow and parochial Maggie's life is! 1. Boston - in the heart of the city with the most overwhelming concentration of fellow Irish Catholics. Can you say homogeneous? 2. 35 miles south of Boston in a former vacation community full of people from Boston - but there are some Italians, not just Irish! I am 500 feet from the Atlantic and just around the corner from the cottage where I spent every summer of my childhood. Done 4 TV Shows You Love To Watch 1. Fox News Sunday - I yell back at the TV the way the boys do with sporting events. I love Brit Hume and Bill Kristol. This is my favorite, but I watch and yell at them all, MTP, FTN, etc. 2. C-Span - Brian Lamb is the sexiest man on TV 3. "24" Jack Bauer rules! 4. "The Daily Show" & "The Colbert Report" - liberals are funny 4 Places You Have Been On Vacation 1. Dubai - this is the single most fabulous place on earth and I would sell the boys for medical experimentation to finance my return. 2. Disney - all day at Typhoon Lagoon, all night in the Pleasure Island AMC 24 movie theater, meet the boys for meals, it's perfect. 3. Hampton Beach - everyone from Boston goes to Hampton beach! 4. Germany and Austria with the nuns in high school. Looking back, I should have paid more attention. 4 Websites You Visit Daily 1. The Corner online at National Review http://corner.nationalreview.com/ 2. Drudge - a guilty pleasure http://www.drudgereport.com/ 3. These people, before I realized it could get me in trouble http://www.thedonovan.com/ 4. My favorite, never miss, is something I can't identify. It's a website for US naval officers and I am a lurker (with permission of the owner as long as I never post and never reveal my access). 4 Favorite Foods 1. Hersheyettes - they are better than M&Ms, but harder to come by. 2. Italian food from the North End. 3. Turkey from Bongi's Turket Farm. 4. Chicken Pad Thai. 4 Places You Would Rather Be Right Now 1. A chaise lounge, with a new Stephen King book, a bag of Hersheyettes, a glass bottle of Coke, at the roof top pool of the hotel in Dubai - anticipating my scheduled treatment at the Spa just inside. 2. A chaise lounge in Typhoon Lagoon, same accoutrement as above. 3. A chaise lounge in Foxwoods on the 9th floor, again - see above. 4. Newport - the person who needs to know that, knows that. 4 People To Tag Ahhhhh. Here's our dead end. I don't know other bloggers to tag. Question - Have I submitted enough evidence to convince a jury that the Chief has missed the mark in calling me a "Wilde Childe"? I think so.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good start, considering your tyro-hood at this blogging gig. However, the comments about the chaise longues and lurking behind the one-way mirror in the Naval Ossifers' locker room are proof-positive.

Wilde Childe.

If you haven't the heart to tag someone, you can always issue a call for volunteers...

BostonMaggie said...

Liking a chaise lounge means you're *lazy* not *wild*.

John - Dubai is a city in a Muslim country. Is there any culture more repressive than the Muslim culture?

As far as revealing anything I don't want to........google Charlestown and "code of silence". There's your odds of succeeding.

Anonymous said...

In answer to your "Code of Silence" remark:

Headline: Woman Breaks Code of Silence

http://www.s-t.com/daily/06-96/06-22-96/a03sr042.htm

Of course, they had to threaten to deprive her of access to chocolate to get her to rat out the bad guy...

BostonMaggie said...

There isn't enough chocolate.

Anonymous said...

No? That must be some setup behind the mirror...

GunJam said...

Hi, bostonmaggie! First time I have made it over to your blog! Nice to see you have made the "big time" by getting tagged (whatever that means)!

Congratulations!

MSG Keith said...

"Well renting it again is up to you. However, if you do let me know if it answers your question."

If I answer correctly, what's my prize...?

MSG Keith said...

"You have a smart mouth........I like that in a man.

***snotty Boston accent, raised eyebrown, evil little smile***"


what else do you like...?
..and I still have the handcuffs...

MSG Keith said...

send me an email. my addy is on my site under my profile...