Sunday, November 27, 2011

Bag of Bones

So, while I was counting down the nonseconds to #WalkingDead, my mother was watching a "Criminal Minds" repeat. A commercial came on for the movie version of Stephen King's book "Bag of Bones".

I remember reading this book and what a pleasure it was. It was one of two books I took on vacation with me to Dubai, years ago.
I read "Bag of Bones" & Dennis Lehane's "Shutter Island" while lounging by the rooftop pool pictured here. I whiled away delicious days in the sun with Coke in glass bottles. I was catered to by the pool guys who guarded me against sun stroke.

It's like a dream now, but it was a spectacular vacation.

1 comment:

Warrant Diver said...

I loved it too, but I'm always disappointed by the movies that get made from his books. "The Shining" was great, and "Carrie", but in the last 10 years has there been one that was as good as those? I hope this doesn't disappoint.