Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Movies

My sisters and nieces went with me to the movies Sunday. Frankie called my just before we went, checking on me. He asked who was going and I told him. He laughingly called them my "posse". I wanted to see "The Guardian". The response was tepid. I had to bully Grace. I'm not ashamed, lol. The important thing is that I got what I wanted. So off we go to the movie. My mother put freshly baked brownies in a Ziploc bag (when we opened it in the movies, the smell was incredible) for us to smuggle in. We had M&Ms, Kissables, popcorn and Coke. Sunday was the last day before going back on Atkins. I am bereft. LOL The movie was good and everyone liked it. You know how I like that John Wayne-hero-good guy stuff! My sisters have similar views....imagine with a father like ours! Who would have guessed that little girls who saw every episode of "Victory At Sea" would feel this way? I pestered Grace until she admitted out loud that she liked it. I reported to SB that there was an eye-poke or two directed at the Navy......he was somewhat gracious.

1 comment:

trainer said...

I'm getting bullied by my wife to go see this one.

Apparently testosterone is not a bad thing in this PC world when it is attributed to good lookin' actors.

Also testosterone was not a bad thing when I met her as a Navy diver 35 years ago. She's still around here somewhere busting my chops, so apparently not.