Monday, October 30, 2006

John Adams

My favorite American President was born on this day in 1735. Belligerent, and deeply principled, I admire him enormously. I am in awe of his personal courage. Who else would have represented the British soldiers accused in The Boston Massacre? Where would we be without Adams going to France and The Netherlands for help and funding for the Revolution? Don't forget he is the Father of the United States Navy!

Despite all that could have distracted him, he was devoted to his wife. All those accomplishments, and a great love story too. In a letter written in 1780 he signed himself off
"I shall write as often as possible: but Conveyances will be very rare, I fear.
I am as I ever was and ever shall be Yours, Yours, Yours."


My favorite Adams quote on politics was..........."I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, two men are called a Law Firm, and three or more are called a Congress."

No comments: