Thursday, April 12, 2012

Even When I Try.....

....I mess it up. I checked my calendar, I checked the bus schedule, I picked the bus before the one that got me there just in time. When I arrived in the Navy Yard I was sooooo pleased that I was there at ten past six for my six thirty event.

Unfortunately, it was a six pm lecture.

Last night was an installment in the USS Constitution Museum's War of 1812 series. For this lecture, Sidney Hart, Ph.D., Senior Historian at the Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery came up from Washington, DC. He presented an illustrated lecture about the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery's upcoming bicentennial exhibition, 1812: A Nation Emerges, which will open on June 15, 2012 in Washington, DC.

It was very interessting and I might try to get down to DC to see the actual artwork.

Afterwards I said "Hi" to some people I knew as I made my way over to my friend Tom, from the Navy League. I was hoping he would be there because I had an 1812 calendar for him.

And Tom had something for me!

No comments: