Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Eva & Ella Came To Visit Me

This post is a little late. They came during February vacation, but I had such a good time, I must tell you all about it!

So a couple of Wednesdays ago, Eva, Ella and their mother met Griff and I down at the USS Constitution for a tour. They went everywhere on the ship and loved it. Afterwards we went over the the USS Constitution Museum, which Griff loves! The three of them climbed into the hammocks for a swing in the children's exhibit on the second floor. They also checked out the faux galley with it's barrels of food, plates and utensils for mess. The museum also has some rigging set up so kids can climb like Sailors did/do on the Ship.

Next was lunch. We took the 93 bus from City Square into the North End. After a short wait out on the sidewalk we were seated in the original Pizzaria Regina on Thatcher Street. There is nothing like their pizza! We polished off 3 small pizzas and headed back out to scout up some dessert. We wended our way up to Salem Street and got some awesome cupcakes at Lulu's.

Then it was off to the Rose Kennedy Greenway where the girls gave me three awesome gifts. I know it's a little blurry, but this is actually the least shaky pic of the three I took. There is a beaded bracelet and a matching pin. Eva & Ella actually made the pin. I love the colors! I am not surprised that I suits me, I already knew I like their taste. Ella was the first to have tinsel her hair, that's where I got the idea! In the upper left corner is a bar of "Only In Rhode Island" pine soap.

Then Griff and I went back and fell asleep on the couch.

3 comments:

JihadGene said...

Sounds like a wonderful time LOOONG time!!!

Paul in BarneyFrankistan said...

Hi Maggie,

OT, but thought you'd like to know. A few of us will be meeting at The Meadhall in Cambridge (Ames & Broadway, Kendall/MIT on the Red Line) at about 6:30 Friday, 9 March to hoist a few in remembrance of Lex. I'll leave word with the hostess to direct anyone looking for "Friends of Lex" in our direction.

All admirers of Lex and the USN are more than welcome.

BostonMaggie said...

Thank you so much, but I am out of town. I am trying to hook up with a "Lex" night nearby.

Thanks for thinking of me.