Friday, January 20, 2012

She Lied!!!!

So last night I watched Marianne Gingrich on Nightline. Yeah, I know, I decried her statements before they were made. I questioned her motives as well as those of ABC & Brian Ross.

But I can't help myself.

Turns out, I'm glad I did. ABC did throw in the story of Marianne Gingrich's near indictment by the FBI on corruption and bribery charges. So she wasn't portrayed as St. Marianne.

Then I find out today, via the Wall Street Journal.....she lied! LOL! It's awesome. She isn't just vindictive (which is an emotion I completely understand), but she is stupid.

You better believe if I were going on national TV to rip my enemy, I would have my story straight. I might even write a few notes/dates on my arm.

This is from a partial transcript of Marianne's interview last night -

"She said Newt moved for the divorce just months after she had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, with her then-husband present.
"He also was advised by the doctor when I was sitting there that I was not to be under stress. He knew," she said
"

Let's review -
Newt, after having a relationship with Marianne during his first marriage, marries her on August 8th, 1981. Things weren't all that smooth. They separated in June, 1987 and reconciled six years later. They separated again on May 10, 1999 and Newt filed for divorce on July 29, 1999.

Ok, so after reading this post so far, one would conclude that Marianne Ginther Gingrich was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at least six months before the divorce filing in July 29, 1999. right? She says he asked for a divorce six months after her diagnosis.....you know, when the doctor told Newt not to stress Marianne. You've got to figure the initial conversation was before he actually files for divorce in July, 1999.

But today, the Wall Street Journal links to an AP story dated July 19, 2000. The article begins with the line - "Marianne Gingrich disclosed Tuesday that she has suffered from neurological problems that could be a precursor to multiple sclerosis."

What???? As of July 19, 2000 there was no firm diagnosis? But how can this be? Marianne said Newt asked for a divorce after the diagnosis of MS.

Further in the article -
"The ex-wife of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich sought treatment in September 1998 at the Emory Clinic for tingling in her right hand, said a statement released by Emory with her permission. Tests showed an inflammation in her brain.
''Such an episode could represent a single event, perhaps related to a viral infection, or be a forerunner of multiple sclerosis,'' said her neurologist, Dr. Barney Stern.
She was treated with a two-week supply of steroids but did not begin long-term drug therapy, which is sometimes recommended in such cases.
''We hope that as more and more time elapses, the possibility that she will develop definite multiple sclerosis becomes less and less,'' Stern said."


Is she confused?

Can she bend the space/time continuum?

Or should we go with the most obvious explanation - SHE LIED.


"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned".

No comments: