Friday, October 07, 2005

Sweet History

Tonight I went to a Bostonian Society event, entitled "Sweet History: Dorchester and the Chocolate Factory". It combines all my favorite things......chocolate, history and Boston. There were interesting speakers, fabulous chocolate desserts. Overall, a lovely evening.

Also, today the electrician showed up to talk about rewiring my house. Lucky me! I have been trying to get someone for months!

Interesting stuff out of New York. When I left the event tonight, there was a transit cop outside. The Old State House in boston is above the State Street Blue Line station. I have been to many events there and I don't ever remember seeing a transit cop there. But is that because they usually park elsewhere (he was parked in the pedestrian mall) or because the news stories had this on my mind?

No comments: