Friday, July 11, 2014

So I Have Been Absent

For lots of reasons I haven't posted much.  They are emotional and physical and technical.

For the last few weeks I have been without my Ripley laptop, which I sleep with like a lover.  It's been repaired and coming back to me soon.  My Goering laptop is in Boston, I am in Virginia.

I lost my Droid and figure this is a good time to make the switch.  My boss Bette has been carrying my ass long enough.  I haven't worked for her for more than four years....I should get off the company phone, huh?  But I want to keep the number so it's a tiny bit complicated.

Then there was a delay, thanks to Verizon in getting DSL (no Fios here).  Just a customer service heads up, when you say on Thursday that you will be here anytime between 8 and 5 on Monday.......maybe you shouldn't wait till we call you at 4:45pm on Monday to say "Oh yeah, this order is on hold."  Clowns.

But now I am sitting here, surfing, tweeting, reading, Facebooking........reveling in the Internets.  It is marvelous!

My email is backed up ridiculously!  It will take ages to catch up.  But I don't care I love all social media.

However I did notice a few comments for the blog awaiting moderation.  One was pertinent, recent and funny and I released it as soon as I saw it a few days late.  But the other three are for a post that is four years old.  It's a post that gets crazy hits.  Even though it's four years old, I stand by every nasty, mean-spirited word I wrote.  And apparently that drives some people crazy.  Awesome, I love it!  And generally when people try to comment on it, they are too stupid to read the instructions and don't understand comment moderation.  So not only do they get all spooled up, but they do it multiple times because they don't see their condescending bullshit appear on the blog instantly.  Even better!

SATURDAY, JANUARY 16, 2010

So sometimes, I publish the comments even if they disagree with me.  I generally only hold comments if I think they will hurt someone else.  Or if they are super hostile.  Or if I think it will bother the commenter.  Hehe!

Basically this married couple "minister" to people on how to be closer to Jesus.  Four years ago or so they wrote a book about living for 30 days like you only had a month to live.  Now I get the concept of "living like you're dying" and "living each day like it's your last" etc.  I believe in it.  And every day since my diagnosis, July 2, 2008 I have actually been grateful for the perspective.  I have done things I would have put off.  I think it makes me more grateful for what I have.

But the Shooks were on a news show talking about how this could be "an adventure".  There were jokes about maxing out credit cards and eating nothing but donuts for 30 days and woohee, what about when the 30 days was up.

And I didn't think it was funny.  Now that might have been because I had been diagnosed with an incurable cancer and the first stab at chemo had failed.  But I generally don't think I would have laughed no matter what.  Hence the title identifying them as "insensitive assclowns".

So people commented.  "Don't pay attention to such nonsense"  "We agree, what jerks."  Some people wrote me private emails about their own struggles.

But some people just wanted to come out and anonymously tell me that I "didn't get it".  And my answer was basically, even on all my prescriptions and through my turmoil, I am probably smarter than anyone who thinks I am too dumb to get it.  Not to toot my own horn, but I am smart.  And when the anonymous donkeys can't even figure out comment moderation, I am sure I'm smahtah!

So why talk about it now?  Well, there is this priceless comment from an anonymous commenter, blasting me for being anonymous (again, low reading comprehension - I am identified in the blog by my blog name and my Christian name and my married name and my maiden name....dummy) -


I was healed of cancer by Jesus. I've been given another terrible diagnosis and hope to be healed again with Him and God. 

Perhaps if you spent more time on positive healing and less time on anger you would be well.


Hehe!  Joke's on you fucktard, I am still here, six years and seven days post diagnosis.  Guess Jesus is pretty happy with me anyway.


No comments: