Saturday, March 09, 2013

Time/Date Problems

The problem with not working is not realizing what day of the week it is.  As the Dowager Countess of Grantham says "What is a week end?"   Except for doctor's appointments there is very little in my life which requires any precision timing.

But this "floating" through life has it's downside.  Like yesterday when I ate a burger for lunch and hours later realized it was a Friday in Lent.  Today when I realized to late to get there, I am going to  miss "Isaac Hull in Love".  It begins at 2 pm and I would need more than 90 minutes to get there.  I was always dashing somewhere at the last minute when I was living in Charlestown.  Hull takes more planning......not my strong suit.

Of course, there is still time for you to get to the USS Constitution Museum in the Charlestown Navy Yard by 2 pm.  And you should, the Museum, does a good job with presenting these historic moments and making them relevant today.  Their Bicentennial Lecture Series keeps The War of 1812 from fading into the mists of history.

Happy Birthday Commodore Isaac Hull, born March 9, 1773;

1 comment:

Charity said...

Reminds me, years ago my mother's friend/co-worker, her daughter called her up crying while she was at work. She had forgotten it was Friday, and so ate a piece of pepperoni pizza for lunch in the school cafeteria. Of course when she mentioned this to her brother on the bus ride home he was nice enough to inform her that she's definitely going to hell now.

I forget how much my sister and I tortured each other as kids. :)