Friday, March 08, 2013

Lost In the #Filibuster, #Filiblizzard

....and getting blindsided by the real snow storm.  Yesterday was all rain and wind as I played only reading politics.  I had watched nearly ten of the twelve plus hours of the recent filibuster, tagged #Filiblizzard.

And I've been reading about the Conclave of course.
So imagine my surprise when I woke up a couple of hours ago.  What happened???  They are now talking about 2 feet!  I was teasing Jonn Lilyea about his snow.  "Yeah, it's still winter, boyo!"  Joke's on me!!

So I jumped in the shower, trying to catch the 11 o'clock shuttle.  While I dressed and packed, I fielded phone calls.

During one call Frankie said something I jumped on impatiently.  "Chill out, Gunsmoke!" he responded.

What?  I could only burst out laughing.  "Do you even know what 'Gunsmoke' is?"

I  missed the shuttle and I am trying again at noon.

I'm hoping to get back by Sunday.  There is supposedly one spot in this building that is "better" than mine.  Apparently it's rarely available and few besides the landlords have seen it.  Such moves go by seniority and I am low man on the totem pole.  But the viewing is Sunday and I at least want a peek.

No comments: