Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Didn't Look Like This When I Was Little!

This is a pic from the Charlestown Garden tour last weekend. I peeked at a few of the series of 18 pics at the Boston Globe online and retweeted the link. Then this evening, I really looked through all of them.

Surprise! Three of the pics are from the yard of one of my childhood homes. I lived quite close to the Charlestown Navy Yard until I was 5. Then we moved to Mystic Street. This picture is the backyard on Mystic street. We lived there until I was 11.

Believe me, it didn't look like this when Grace and I were in there, digging to China. My father had a lilac that we couldn't run near and he planted the little corner that is in this picture.

We didn't move far. If you were the person taking this pic and shifted your focus from 12 o'clock to 10 o'clock, you would be looking in this kitchen window to where I sit here typing now.

My Uncle Walter's partner Tom is the one responsible for this lovely garden now. And he's doing a great job!

1 comment:

Middleboro Jones said...

I think the headline should be " IT didn't look like this when I was little!"

Just sayin'

Hope all is well back there in Charlestown - I'm sure you and many others are getting ready for the 4th of July - we'll have a BBQ here in Bagram....just another working day for the nation's finest here in AFGHN.