Monday, June 27, 2011

I Am Sooo Pleased With Myself!

Last night I got the audio back on the laptop. I don't understand how I did it.....but I did it. I want to thank everyone who sent me tips.

I was up at a reasonable time this morning and I did more than an hour's worth of yoga.

I am eating my flaxmeal.

Plus I finished some overdue correspondence and some financial stuff.

If that wasn't enough to guarantee a good mood, this is the week leading up to Boston's Harborfest and the 4th of July. I am reasonably sure that if I keep up the yoga, I am going to feeling well enough to attend lots of events.

I've already RSVP'd for this coming Friday night's Sunset Parade down in the Charlestown Navy Yard. It's free, it's open to the public and it's a nice way to kick off the weekend. There will be seating set up facing USS Constitution and it lasts about an hour, I think. Local militia bands, fife & drum outfits, bagpipes, etc., perform for the crowd.

To cap it off, the crew of Old Ironsides performs a gun drill demonstration. First they go through it slowly, explaining the steps. Then they go through it in real time so that just as the gun would have fired......had they been using real gunpowder.......the gun is fired on the ship for evening colors.

It's really neat, it's kid friendly.....and I will be there!

If you want to keep up with USS Constitution events, you should "friend" them on Facebook. For more info on HarborFest, check here, they kick off on Wednesday the 29th.

No comments: