Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tonight's lecture

was in Harvard Square at the Coop. Author/poet Susie Davidson discussed and read from her book "I Refused To Die" It has stories of Boston area Holocaust survivors and soldiers who rescued them. Not enough history for me, lol. Too much poetry. But overall I liked it.
Funny part for me was after the lecture I was waiting for the author to sign my books and she noticed an Al Franken book behind where we were standing. She commented that he was good. I was surprised. I am always surprised when Jewish people are anti-war. I know you can't generalize....but if some dictator was hellbent on wiping out Irish people in Ireland.....you better believe as an Irish American (Boston Irish Catholic to be precise), I'd be all for whoever was fighting that dictator!

No comments: