Saturday, June 26, 2021

Circus Peanuts

 When I was young there were certain candies my mother favored to my astonishment. Things like Canada Mints & candy corn. The grossest was circus peanuts.

Later I used to say that she picked those treats because she knew she wouldn't have to share.

My Mum has been gone 200 days.

I was online shopping for some household supplies like facecloths & a dish drying mat. As usual, suggestions were at the bottom of the screen; shampoo...dish soap.....and

Well, hello Mum! I think about you too. Say hi to Frankie for me.


4 comments:

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

That peanut brings back a LOT of memories! When I was seven, we had a dog named Dusty. He adored circus peanuts. The local brand was Goobers! Dusty loved Goobers! so much, Tina Nordweg, our babysitter, called him Goober Dog. He eventually became Goobs. Now, I am thinking of him. Thank you, Maggie!

NavyDavy said...

Nice to see you're back.

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

When I was seven, we had a dog named Dusty. He thought circus peanuts were the Treat of Treats. The local brand was GOOBERS!, so our babysitter, Tina Nordweg, called him The Goober Dog. This eventually just became Goobs. Now I am thinking thoughts of Goobs. Thank you, Maggie!

Paul Delashaw said...

God bless you Maggie. I lost my mom a few years ago and there are definitely things that remind me of her around the house. I often make chicken fried steak simply because she used to make it almost every week. Well, sometimes it feels like we were made to remember. We live life, but as the years go by more and more of life feels like it's in the past.

I don't know you Maggie, but God bless you. God bless you a whole bunch!

Paul Delashaw