Monday, May 13, 2013

My Awesome Goddaughter!

Mother's Day was awesome.  Giving and getting gifts, flowers, chocolates.  My mother made her famous potato salad.

Although getting there was kind of like crossing the country in a Conestoga wagon!  I love Hull, but convenient it is not.  No shuttle on Sundays till after Memorial Day (although Frank's Britt took care of that part); on and off the 220 to pick up last minute things - yeah, last minute, I said it; and the Red Line under construction.....whew!  Then again, it's not like I had anything else to do except get up to my Mum's house.

I've been trying to weed through my stuff and contain my spa/facial/cosmetic/body lotion addiction - no support groups for that.  It's slow going and a few days ago I thought "Deb will give me something new for Mother's Day, I should call & stop her".  My goddaughter Debbie shops in Bath & Body Works or Victoria Secret, which I have heard is even more expensive than Bath & Body Works.

I thought I should ask for some chocolate chip cookies, which are no better for me.....but cost less and never sit around waiting for the next purge.

But I forgot.

Still.......I opened my gift bag and it contained.........brownies!  Pretty good considering we were communicating on a psychic connection.

We all had a chuckle about that.

1 comment: