Sunday, December 30, 2012

I Giggled Through Both Sets of Comments



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jonah Goldberg linked the story above, noting it's "Not a Parody".

If you don't want to follow the link, I'll give you a quick recap.  Sirota's son has a book called "The Jolly Barnyard".  It's a Golden Book, if you have kids you know these are short little stories for the 2 - 5 year old set.  Tommy  had "Poky Little Puppy", then we moved on to Time magazine because he was smarter than me.  Anyway, apparently Chick-fil-A has put their logo on a republication and they are giving them away.  The kid loves the book and demands it be read every night.

What's the problem?  Well, the Sirota family are vegetarians and Sirota doesn't know how the book got in the house and he hates the book and he's mad he has to read it.

So Sirota threw it away?  Umm, no.  He gives in to the two year old and keeps reading.

So Sirota blames????????  Dan Cathy of Chick-fil-A and takes a swipe at Cathy's views on gay marriage.  He also rails that Cathy shouldn't be lying to children?  What?  You think they should write a truthful book about where the chicken comes from????  You're killing me!

The best comment on Goldberg's post reads in part -
Good grief, Sirota!
Would you prefer that precious toddler be reading "Fun at the Fowl Factory"? "Punky and the Poultry Processors"? Perhaps "Abby Goes to the Abbatoir"?

Sirota is as asinine as the vegetarian neighbor I had who wanted me to discipline my son for an action he hadn't taken, but might have.  He told me this while his limp children watched.  He walked toward me as he spoke.  He was taller, I am sure I was supposed to be intimidated.  I walked right back at him laughing.  Later he secretly asked a neighbor when my husband was returning from a business trip.  I was hugely insulted!  When his wife told me later he didn't mean it.  I told her I didn't care and he shouldn't be worried about John so much as he should worry about  me, lol.

Anyway, Mr. Sirota, don't blame Dan Cathy or Ed Harris (he also hates that his son knows the jingle for the "orange monster", Home Depot) for your massive shortcomings as a parent.  Get rid of the book, shut of the TV.  How did your son even hear a commercial?  Are you watching/listening to something other than PBS & NPR?  For shame!

1 comment:

Surfcaster said...

Happy New Year Kiddo!