Saturday, February 04, 2006

Something Morbid

My family is fairly irreverent. On the subject of death and dying, little is taboo. Over the years after attending wakes and funerals the discussion invariably turns to our own wishes. My mother wishes to be buried with a comfortable sweat suit tucked in the corner of the casket. She does not want to end up like the mother on "Providence", wandering for eternity in a dressing outfit and uncomfortable nylons. Jennifer wants jeans and her dock martins. My uncle Walter and I want good caterers to do our after funeral parties. They all want to but buried with all their "parts". I am ashamed to say, despite my pleading, cajoling, scorn and logic, I am the only organ donor. As for myself, I want to be "held over all this week" at Carr's. The current one day deal is not enough for me and it's not enough to go back to the old way of two afternoons and one evening. I want all week. They tell me that there are probably laws against this. Well guess what? Coretta Scott King is doing it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060204/ap_on_re_us/coretta_scott_king

I don't need multiple locations or the horse drawn carriage.

No comments: